Madonna to sell $7M `Fernand Leger painting` to support girls` education
New York: Madonna is all set to sell an abstract French painting, which she has owned for more than 20 years, in order to support educating girls in Afghanistan, Pakistan and other countries.
The modern masterpiece- ‘Three Women at the Red Table’ by Fernand Leger- is expected to fetch 5 million dollars to 7 million dollars, the New York Post reported.
The painting will be auctioned on May 7 at Sotheby`s auction house and all profits will benefit the Ray of Light Foundation.
The 54-year-old pop diva said that she wants "to trade something valuable for something invaluable" in countries where female education is rare or nonexistent.
The art piece was created by Leger in 1921 as part of a series depicting women with still-life compositions and Madonna purchased it at Sotheby`s in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut controversy: Chapter done and dusted, says ‘Queen’ actress