Mahie Gill roots for experimental cinema
Mumbai: Mahie Gill, who will next be seen in Satish Kaushik`s comedy `Gang of Ghosts`, says films like `Chillar Party` should be made as audiences are ready to enjoy new kind of cinema.
Co-directed by Nitesh Tiwari and Vikas Bahl, `Chillar Party` won the 2011 National Film Award for Best Children`s Film.
"I have seen `Chillar Party`, it was a fantastic film made by a friend, Vikas (Bahl). I feel that more films like this should be made as now the time is ripe with more and more experimental cinema being made," the actress told the reporters at the muhurat of her film "Gang of Ghosts" Thursday.
"New directors and scripts are coming to the fore. Audiences have changed a lot and want to experience a new kind of cinema," she added.
Meanwhile, Mahie, who is very choosy about her films, has no project in her kitty besides the ghost comedy.
"Since I do a very limited number of films because script is very important to me. I will first complete the film only then I will decide what I have to do next," said the actress who tasted success in 2008 with Anuurag Kashyap`s `Dev D`.
`Gang of Ghosts` also stars Anupam Kher and Priyanka Chopra`s cousin Meera in the lead.
Mahie was last seen in Tigmanshu Dhulia`s `Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navya Naveli Nanda parties like a boss! PICS inside
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals male directors are 'objectifying' him! – Details inside
- Really? Saif Ali Khan PROPOSED to begum Kareena Kapoor Khan more than ONCE
- Don't mess with Indian Army: Bollywood celebrities react to surgical strikes across LoC
- #SurgicalStrikes: Sudarsan Pattnaik salutes Indian Army with his incredible sand art!