Manisha discharged from hospital, responding well: Manager
Mumbai: Actress Manisha Koirala, who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer, underwent a successful surgery in New York. She has been discharged from the hospital and is stable, said her manager.
"Manisha`s condition is stable now. Post the surgery, she has been discharged and is back to the hotel. She got discharged on Dec 18," Subroto Ghosh, Manisha`s manager, told reporters.
"She is very brave and extremely strong. She has taken things very positively," he added.
Manisha, 42, underwent surgery Dec 10.
Asked him how long will she stay in New York, Ghosh said: "She will be there for at least three more months. Now her treatment is going on and she is responding well. Her parents are with her."
Manisha was first admitted to Mumbai`s Jaslok Hospital Nov 28 after she reportedly fell unconscious. However, the reason behind her illness was not made clear.
Later, it was reported that she flew to the US for cancer treatment.
She debuted in Bollywood with 1991 hit movie ‘Saudagar’ and later featured in films like ‘1942 A Love Story’, ‘Bombay’, ‘Dil Se’ and ‘Lajja’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar's scintillating locales for shoot!
- Amal is the smart one in our relationship: George Clooney
- Keith Urban joins Taylor Swift on stage to perform song
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’ shining at the Box Office
- Would love to be part of 'Beetlejuice' sequel: Geena Davis
- Standards set by Priyanka Chopra make Parineeti work too hard!
- Shashi Kapoor receives lifetime achievement honour
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- See: Karan Johar posts a pic of ‘Shaalia’
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor shares video of visually impaired girl with a sweet voice