Manisha Koirala's cancer surgery successful
Mumbai: Actress Manisha Koirala, who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer, underwent a successful surgery in New York Monday.
"Manisha underwent a surgery on Monday at around 9 a.m. I got a message from her family members and they said it was a successful surgery," Subroto Ghosh, Manisha`s manager, told IANS.
"Manisha`s mother, father and her brother are by her side. One of her close friends is also there with her," he added.
Several speculations regarding her health were made following her hospitalisation in Mumbai.
Manisha was admitted to the Jaslok Hospital Nov 28 after she reportedly fell unconscious. However, the reason behind her illness was not made clear. Later it was reported that she is flying to the US for treatment for cancer.
The actress, who has worked in critically acclaimed films like ‘Dil Se’ and ‘1942: A Love Story’, made her debut with ‘Saudagar’ in 1991. She recently made a comeback with Ram Gopal Varma`s ‘Bhoot Returns’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- See pic: Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil at Cannes in 1976!
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!
- Raj Kapoor's wife hospitalised, stable
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Bigg Boss 9' promo was not offensive: Delhi Police to court