Manoj Kumar gets lifetime achievement award at NIFF
Nashik: Veteran Bollywood actor Manoj Kumar was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award 2012 at the 5th edition of Nashik International Film Festival (NIFF) here.
Noted producer-director Kiran Shantaram gave the award to Manoj Kumar at a city hall last night, on the concluding day of the film festival.
Manoj Kumar, known for his superhit films famous for their patriotic flavour - like `Upkar`, `Purab aur Paschim`, `Shor` and `Kranti`, received the award consisting of Rs one lakh cash, a memento and a citation.
While accepting the award, Kumar expressed concern over the degrading quality of Hindi cinema in recent times.
The father of the Indian cinema, late Dadasaheb Phalke, had produced films in Nashik but history experts have not given due importance to the city, he said.
More than 200 short films and documentaries, a 15-minute documentary on noted social worker Anna Hazare, 10 feature films and movies from Australia and France were screened during the four-day festival.
A fashion show was also organised at the festival yesterday in the memory of superstar late Rajesh Khanna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Winter special: Five non-alcoholic drinks to tackle cold
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan