Manoj Kumar gets lifetime achievement award
Mumbai: Veteran actor Manoj Kumar received lifetime achievement award at the finale of the fourth edition of Jagran Film Festival, recently held here.
Other awards included best actress bagged by Sridevi while the best actor award was shared by Ranbir Kapoor for his film `Barfi!` and Farhan Akhtar for `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`.
The award for best director was given to Abhishek Kapoor and the best film award was also presented to his movie `Kai Po Che`.
The special jury award was presented to `Vishwaroopam` for raising the bar of mainstream Indian cinema to an international level, said a statement.
Other awards at the festival included best singer female which was presented to Aditi Singh Sharma for the film `Heroine`. Actor-singer Ayushman Khurrana went home with best singer male for the film `Vicky Donor`. The best music award was given to Pritam for the film `Barfi!` for his brilliant compositions.
The finale of the festival was held here between Sep 24 and Sep 29. The festival had travelled to 15 cities across seven states and it concluded here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan to star in Prabhu Deva's 'Lefty'—Here's all you need to know
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy