Manoj Kumar to get lifetime achievement honour
I am happy to receive this award. It`s as important as an Oscar," the 73-year-old actor said in a press statement.
Manoj Kumar, known for his patriotic films like "Upkar", "Purab Aur Paschim" and "Kranti", will receive the special award at the festival organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI). It will be held Oct 21-28.
He has earlier been bestowed with honours such as the Padma Shri and Phalke Ratna Award by the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy, apart from other awards for his acting and directing talent.
The actor has also been involved with films like "Roti Kapda Aur Makaan", "Sanyasi", "Dus Numbri" and many more.
His last film before retirement was "Maidan-E-Jung". It was released in 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside