Mariah Carey feels ‘horrible’ to have sung for Gaddafis
Washington: Pop singer Mariah Carey has revealed that she’s feeling ‘horrible and embarrassed’ after being paid one million dollars to sing for the son of Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi.
The pregnant singer gave a private performance for members of the dictator`s family at a party in the Caribbean in 2006.
"I was naive and unaware of who I was booked to perform for. I feel horrible and embarrassed to have participated in this mess,” a website quoted her as saying in a statement.
"Ultimately we as artists are to be held accountable. Going forward, this is a lesson for all artists to learn from. We need to be more aware and take more responsibility regardless of who books our shows,” she said.
However, the 40-year-old soon-to-be mum is not the only high profile singer to perform for the Libyan leader`s family.
Beyonce Knowles and Nelly Furtado have revealed that they had performed for Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Birthday special: These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!
- Anupam Kher shares his 'Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' experience! Watch video
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here