Martial arts must for actresses, says `Bandook` actress Manisha Kelkar
Mumbai: Actress Manisha Kelkar, who will soon be seen in the forthcoming movie ‘Bandook’, feels actresses should train in martial arts.
"I am training in martial arts not because of some film, but I believe that an actor should keep updating herself," Manisha said here Wednesday in an interview.
"I thought that in Bollywood, actresses are not totally trained in martial arts...Like when Akshay (Kumar) does stunts, it looks realistic...If an actress can also do it, it will be good. Then even scripts would be written for them," she added.
Manisha plays a village girl Kajri in ‘Bandook’ and credits director Aditya Om for teaching her the nuances of her character.
"It is very different, I had to learn a lot, how she would sit, stand and all, how would she behave. My director Aditya Om taught me everything...," Manisha said.
‘Bandook’ also stars director Aditya, Arshad Khan, and Ashish Kotwal, and hits theatres Jan 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts