Martin Sheen honoured for Hollywood career
Chicago: Veteran actor Martin Sheen was honoured at the Chicago International Film Festival for his contribution to Hollywood.
Sheen was the special guest at the annual event in Illinois, when his son Emilio Estevez presented him with the Career Achievement Award at a special ceremony.
The actor, who made his debut in the 1960s and has given hit films like "Apocalypse Now" and "Wall Street" was all praises for Illinois Governor Pat Quinn while accepting the award.
Quinn had declared Aug 19 as Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez Day, reports contactmusic.com.
"You`ve got this guy in the middle of it all in Illinois who`s a progressive, who`s deeply humane, extremely bright and so practical and he`s just one of my heroes and I adore him," said Sheen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Sonam Kapoor DEFENDS Tanmay Bhat – Here's what she said
- Video alert! ‘Crazy’ Deepika Padukone, Homi Adajania on the sets of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Raabta’
- Revealed! All you want to know about Geeta Basra's baby shower – Details inside