Melanie Brown sued for breach of contract
Los Angeles: Singer Melanie Brown has been sued for backing out of an investment deal to star in a saucy Las Vegas revue.
In the lawsuit filed at Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday, the British singer is accused of fraud and breach of contract by bosses at BMEDIA, who reportedly gave $500,000 to Brown in 2008 to invest in future projects, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The suit claims that Brown`s team promised she had albums and concerts in the pipeline, but the star breached the deal to perform in adults-only extravaganza "Peep Show" last year.
Now the company is seeking repayment of the $500,000, with interest, as well as a promised 12.5 percent cut of her business deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajjat Barjatya passes away
- John Abraham's 'Dishoom' banned in Pakistan, Varun Dhawan calls it a 'wrong decision'!
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- Maanyata throws grand party on husband Sanjay Dutt's 57th birthday! - Pics inside
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha to be a part of Salman Khan's ‘Dabangg 3’