Michael Jackson`s estate clearing late singer`s debts
Los Angeles: King of Pop Michael Jackson`s estate are on the course to pay off the late singer`s USD 500 million debt by the end of the year.
Jackson`s finances were a mess when he died in 2009 and administrators have been working to make amends for his excessive spending by generating funds for his three children`s inheritance by striking various publishing and licensing deals.
Executors for the estate filed legal documents which show the estate has generated gross earnings exceeding USD 475 million as of the end of May, reported TMZ online.
According to the documents, all of Jackson`s debts have been paid, with the exception of a debt involving his publishing catalog and executors expect that will be fully paid off by the end of the year.
Jackson`s mother Katherine is asking for an additional USD 34,700 a month to pay for lawyers and accountants, and another USD 205,041 to cover lawyer and accountant fees from 2011.
There are still some unresolved creditors` claims and several lawsuits to clear up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman