Michael Jackson`s heirs seek $40 bn compensation from AEG Live
Washington: Michael Jackson’s three children and his mother are seeking 40 billion dollars compensation for the singer’s death from AEG Live.
They accused the entertainment company behind the star’s planned O2 Arena concerts for “negligent hiring and supervision” of Dr Conrad Murray-Jackson’s doctor, who is jailed for the star’s manslaughter, TMZ reported.
The kids want 10 billion dollars for all of the future earnings, which they claim Jackson would have scored had he lived, and they want an additional 50 million dollars for various other damages.
Meanwhile, the company calls the claim preposterous, saying that the singer’s career was in a downward spiral following the child molestation allegations, as well as self-imposed exile in the Middle East.
They claim the damage claim is based on rank speculation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone visits Siddhivinayak temple to pray for Ranbir Kapoor, ‘Tamasha’
- Modesty crucial for success: Adele
- No issues between Katrina Kaif and choreographer: Nitya Mehra
- Heath Ledger was alluring, beyond his years: Jake Gyllenhaal
- If India was intolerant 'PK' wouldn't have been hit: Shatrughan Sinha