Michael Jackson`s rehearsal footage to be shown in court
London: `King of pop` Michael Jackson`s lawyers have won permission to show raw, unseen footage of the singer`s `This Is It` concert rehearsals in court on his second death anniversary.
Defence attorneys and prosecutors in the case against Jackson`s doctor Conrad Murray, were told they would be able to show clips in a bid to determine the singer`s physical condition in the days before he died, reported Contactmusic.
Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter and accused of administering a fatal dose of powerful anaesthetic Propofol and other sedatives. He has pleaded not guilty.
His defence team maintains Jackson may have taken his own life amid growing financial problems and the stress of a gruelling 50-date comeback show.
They hope the footage will show Jackson as a tired star, struggling with the daily grind of rehearsals.
Prosecutors hope the footage will show the opposite. The clips that were not used in the film, capturing the last week of Jackson`s life as he prepared for dates in London, will be shown in court as part of the trial, which will begin from September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guys, check out Rishi Kapoor's hilarious take on Zara's ripped collection!
- Priyanka Chopra reacts to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark; urges people to focus on real issues
- Taylor Swift, Tom Hiddleston enjoy Roman holiday
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?