Miley said she had to murder `Hannah Montana`: Dolly Parton
New York: Singer-songwriter Dolly Parton, who is the godmother of Miley Cyrus, said the pop star had once told her that she needed to escape her Disney past.
Parton, 68, who is currently preparing to tour the UK this summer, said it was a tough decision made by Cyrus at such a young age, reportedly.
"One day, she`d had enough and told me: `I need to murder Hannah Montana in order for people to accept who I really am`. I think she felt she had to make that severe a change. And she obviously did.
"I was very worried. I was holding my breath, hoping that people didn`t totally crucify her. It would have scared me to death to do it, even though I`ve always been a brave person myself. But she felt she had to make a place for herself in this pop world," Parton said.
Parton is concerned about female pop stars including Cyrus who take it all off in raunchy videos.
"It`s kind of frightening. I know every generation has their own thing. But, of course, I`m an old timer ? I don`t want them to get so far gone that it`s all about sex and violence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't think I have to do a Hindi film just to be seen: Priyanka Chopra
- What did I do?: Gwyneth Paltrow on being the most hated celeb
- I've never dated: Priyanka Chopra
- So cute! Check out Ajay Devgn, Kajol’s rare PDA moment
- Cuteness overloaded! ‘Choti nani’ Helen strikes a pose with baby Ahil in her arms