Washington: The assumption that Michael Jackson could have given himself a fatal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol, which led to his death, is unreasonable to believe, the medical examiner who conducted the autopsy on Jackson told jurors during a court trail.
Dr. Christopher Rogers testified that it was more likely that Dr. Conrad Murray overdosed the singer when he incorrectly estimated how much of the drug he was giving Jackson to induce sleep to fight insomnia.
Rogers said Murray had no precision dosing device available in the bedroom of the singer’s rented mansion.
“The circumstances, from my point of view, do not support self-administration of propofol,” Fox News quoted Rogers, chief of forensic medicine in the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, as saying.
“In order for Mr. Jackson to have administered the propofol to himself, you would have to assume he woke up and although he was under the influence of propofol and other sedatives, he was somehow able to administer propofol to himself.
“Then he stops breathing and all of this takes place in a two-minute period of time. To me, that scenario seems less reasonable.
“The alternate scenario would be in order to keep Mr. Jackson asleep, the doctor would have to give him a little bit every hour, two or three tablespoons an hour.
“We did not find any precision dosing device, so the doctor would be estimating how much he was giving,” Rogers said.
He reiterated his opinion that self-dosing by Jackson was an unreasonable theory.