MJ wanted to marry me, says Brazil’s TV host
Karachi: Brazil’s children’s television show host Xuxa has claimed that the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson wanted to marry her.
Maria da Graga Meneghel, better known as ‘Xuxa,’ made the surprise disclosure in a television interview that shocked the country late Sunday.
“The entourage of Michael Jackson wanted him to marry, have children. They were looking for someone. I was working in Spain, they invited me to see his show several times,” Thenews.com.pk quoted her as saying on TV Globo’s Sunday program ‘Fantastico’.
“Later they called me to invite me to Neverland (Jackson’s ranch). He knew everything about me, he read everything about me. I had dinner with him.
“And later came a proposal from his impresario asking me whether I would consider living with him because he wanted to have children, marry. They thought marriage with a person concerned about children in Latin America would be a good thing.
“For me (Michael Jackson) was an idol, but from idol to something else there is a difference. My answer, obviously, was no,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nothing wrong with Rishi Kapoor's temperamental nature: Divya Khosla Kumar
- I don't work for awards: Sonam Kapoor
- Katrina Kaif wants to know Priyanka Chopra's 'Hollywood secrets'!
- Sylvester Stallone considered boycotting Oscars over diversity row
- Heart break alert! Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma no longer a 'couple'