MMS row: Completely appalling and disgraceful, says Mona Singh
Mumbai: Mona Singh, who rose to popularity after her impressive debut in TV serial ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin’, is mighty peeved with a “morphed” MMS of hers.
Mona, who has never had a whiff of a scandal in her entire career, says, “At this point of time all I can say is that this is a morphed video."
The actress has lodged a complaint with the cyber crime branch of Mumbai Police after the video clip in question went viral on March 28. Mona was shooting for ‘Kya Hua Tera Vada’, when she was informed about the MMS. She left the studios immediately and headed to file the complaint.
"I've taken the relevant action and investigation is on," she says.
Mona Singh said in a statement: "It is just completely appalling and disgraceful that someone on the web can go to the extent of morphing my face onto someone else's body to create a sensational video! We have filed a severe complaint at the Cyber Crime Cell and are hoping to find the culprit. People need to realise that before being actors we're respectable women and have family and friends who we're answerable to and who get affected by negativity that is thrown in our direction."
She further added: "Thankfully, my family and friends are standing by me like they always have, supporting me to see this through. If today this can happen to me, it can happen to any innocent girl and things like this can ruin lives and careers forever. This is a VERY SERIOUS issue and it needs to stop! As members of the media, journalists and editors should also take a stand against such acts and not provide the culprits with the publicity that they are hoping for as the outcome of their dastardly acts."
While Mona clams up beyond this, a colleague from the television industry says: "Mona comes from a conservative Punjabi home. Such a scandal is not something her family would like to accept as part and parcel of show-biz. She is deeply mortified and shaken by the episode."
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' mansion up for sale
- Sharon Osbourne taking one-month break
- Lively called Reynolds a 'hypocrite'
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- Susan Sarandon inaugurates homes for Nepal quake survivors
- Celebrities show support for Ireland's vote for same sex marriage
- Myleene Klass 'happy' post ending year-old relationship with beau
- Ed Sheeran planning a year-long sabbatical to `live a bit`
- Kimye to relive the `best time` of their lives one more time
- Robert De Niro inspires young grads
- JK Rowling feels reputation restored post Daily Mail apology
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce 'one rank, one pension' scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi