Molestation case: Ness threatened me, says Preity Zinta
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
Mumbai: Preity Zinta, actress and IPL team owner, had reportedly requested for separate seating during the ill-fated IPL match, during which her ex-boyfriend and Kings XI Punjab team co-owner, Ness Wadia allegedly molested her.
A leading daily reports that the actress maintained her silence so far in order to not bring down team morale. A source close to the actress reported that the actress faced public humiliation and was alone in the ordeal, as no one from the Bollywood fraternity stood by her.
Zinta has accused Wadia of verbally abusing her and holding her hand in the stadium, among other things.
Preity stated, "I say that Ness Wadia has gone to the extent of threatening me with dire consequences and intimidating me by boasting of his political clout and connections."
The actress also took to social media to tell her fans about her situation and has asked the media to not turn this episode into a `TV soap`. She also said, “No woman likes to be involved in a controversy like this which makes her open and vulnerable for all to take a dig at.”
However, Wadia has denied the charges and expressed shock over the allegations.
The police have said in a statement that it will take statements from both Preity and Ness separately after viewing the videos of the alleged incident from the tapes from the May 30th IPL match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What's cooking! When Deepika Padukone donned the chef hat – View pic
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!