Mona Singh MMS row: Probe into scandal launched
New Delhi: Acting in accordance with a complaint lodged by Mona Singh, the Mumbai police has launched an investigation into the case regarding her morphed MMS sex video that went viral on all social networking sites.
According to reports, a case has been registered against unknown persons and the police is trying to trace the IP address of the computer from which the obscene clip was uploaded.
The police suspect that the offender is someone known to Mona – who shot to fame with ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi’.
“We suspect involvement of some local elements and we are trying to trace the IP address of the computer from where it was uploaded,” a police officer said.
Mona – who lodged the case under the Information Technology Act on Friday – has said that she does not suspect anyone known to her to be behind the shameful act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After 'Premam', Kamal's 'Papanasam' in piracy row
- Better roles being written for actresses: Richa Chadha
- ‘Hollywood’s Favorite Bollywood Choreographer’ Nakul Dev Mahajan to judge DID North America 2015
- From Bittu to Bajirao- Ranveer Singh’s filmi journey
- Police to lodge FIR against star cast of 'Mohalla Assi'