More women needed behind camera, says Freida Pinto
Washington: Freida Pinto has claimed that more woman writers and directors are required in the world of films to help bring more strong female characters.
Criticizing the "male-dominated" film industries, Pinto told the CNN that there will be a different perspective when you have women writers and directors.
She said that though there is sometimes a misconception that a female director can`t really tackle manly issues, Kathryn Bigelow definitely proves them wrong.
When asked if she would get behind the camera herself, the 28-year-old, who is an ambassador for Plan USA`s ` Because I Am A Girl ` campaign, asserted that she is on her way to becoming a producer because there are many stories she is inspired by.
She said that she doesn`t necessarily see herself in them as an actor, but she would like them to see the light of day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut controversy: Chapter done and dusted, says ‘Queen’ actress