Most exciting time in Indian cinema: Sachin Gupta
New Delhi: Debutant director Sachin Gupta says it`s the most exciting time in Indian cinema as the viewers are not restricting themselves to one genre and accepting newer concepts and content.
Gupta is making his directorial debut with `Paranthe Wali Gali`, coming out Jan 17 next year, and said: "The Indian audience today has changed a lot."
"They are looking for fresh content and that makes it the most exciting time in the history of Indian cinema. Because the audience is accepting new content, it is giving the directors a chance to experiment," Gupta told IANS in a telephonic interview from Mumbai.
"`Paranthe Wali Gali` is a romantic-comedy, but it also touches other aspects, which the audience will see once they watch the movie. I will not divulge any more information about the movie, but I am sure the audience will like the story and the presentation," he added.
A qualified software engineer, the 35-year-old is the founder and CEO of Chilsag Chillies Theatre Company that started in 2003. He has done three Broadway shows in New York and was even honoured with a National Award - Natya Bhushan - for his contribution to theatre.
"Paranthe Wali Gali" has been shot entirely in Old Delhi, said Gupta and added that they tried to explore the area as much as they could.
"My movie is completely based in the area and you can figure it out with the clothes, language and atmosphere," he added.
"Paranthe Wali Gali" features actors Anuj Saxena and Neha Pawar and the director says that every character has a different flavour to offer.
"Anuj and Neha are Delhi-based and thus they know about the city. They were able to give it the right touch.
"It`s a very realistic movie, therefore, there are no big actors associated with it. And if you see the current trend in Bollywood, the movies are less about the stars and more about the content," he said.
He added if there is a race to be in the Rs.100 crore clubs, movies without big names are also doing well.
Why the name "Paranthe Wali Gali"?
"The movie begins from the famous lane and then moves on to the life of people living there," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Check out: Chic album cover of 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Check out: The spicy hindi poster of 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- My character adds suspense to 'ABCD 2': Raghav Juyal
- No plans to make 'Mickey Virus' prequel: Director
- Nawazuddin to play Pakistani journalist in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Didn't do '50 Shades' because of nudity: Emilia Clarke
- 'Jaws' returning to big screen for 40th Anniversary
- 'Maggie' review- Engaging zombie film
- 'Welcome 2 Karachi' review: Troublesome twosome
- Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor to star in Vishal Bhardwaj's next?
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490