Music legend Manna Dey passes away, cremated in Bangalore
Zee Media Bureau/Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Renowned playback-singer Manna Dey, who passed away in Narayana Hrudalaya hospital, Bangalore on Thursday was cremated at the Hebbal crematorium.
Dey was suffering from a lung infection and was being treated in a private hospital for the past few months for respiratory and renal problems. Daughter Shumita Deb and son-in-law Jnanranjan Deb were by his side during his last moments.
Fans, well wishers and admirers had the opportunity to pay tribute to Dey at Ravindra Kalakshethra cultural centre at J C Road, Bangalore.
Manna Dey, or Prabodh Chandra Dey, who has given us some of the best songs in the classic era, has a huge fan following across the country. His versatility as well as his hold on Hindustani classical music is unparalleled.
His wife, Sulochana Kumaran had battled with cancer and passed away in early 2012. After her death, Dey used to stay with his younger daughter Shumita Deb in Kalyan Nagar, East Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I don't want to be number one: Irrfan Khan
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam