Music legend Manna Dey passes away
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
Celebrated singer Manna Dey breathed his last on Thursday at 3 am at a hospital in Bangalore. He was being treated for respiratory illness and renal failure. He was 94.
Of his kin and relatives, Dey`s daughter and son-in-law were present at the time of his death. "Manna Dey who was under treatment for the last four months breathed his last around 4 a.m.," K.S.Vasuki, spokesman of Narayana Hrudayalaya, said to the reporters.
According to press reports, the veteran singer`s dead body will be kept for public viewing so that people could come and pay tributes at Bangalore`s Ravindra Kala Shetra from 10 am to 12 pm, followed by his funeral.
Manna Dey flagged off his playback singing career in 1943 with the film `Tamanna` and recorded more than 4000 songs during 1942-2013.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!
- Kangana Ranaut's take on 'love at first sight' is total badass!