Music legend Manna Dey passes away
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
Celebrated singer Manna Dey breathed his last on Thursday at 3 am at a hospital in Bangalore. He was being treated for respiratory illness and renal failure. He was 94.
Of his kin and relatives, Dey`s daughter and son-in-law were present at the time of his death. "Manna Dey who was under treatment for the last four months breathed his last around 4 a.m.," K.S.Vasuki, spokesman of Narayana Hrudayalaya, said to the reporters.
According to press reports, the veteran singer`s dead body will be kept for public viewing so that people could come and pay tributes at Bangalore`s Ravindra Kala Shetra from 10 am to 12 pm, followed by his funeral.
Manna Dey flagged off his playback singing career in 1943 with the film `Tamanna` and recorded more than 4000 songs during 1942-2013.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Irrfan Khan’s ‘Hindi Medium’ poster out and it’s interesting!
- Jallikattu ban: AR Rahman fasts to support the spirit of Tamil Nadu!
- Jackie Chan greets Salman Khan in traditional India style – WATCH video
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Alia Bhatt congratulates Priyanka Chopra with a sweet message
- AR Rahman backs Jallikattu, to observe fast on Friday