My father-in-law got a funeral he deserved: Akshay Kumar
Mumbai: Bollywood`s first superstar Rajesh Khanna got a "dignified" funeral, and one which he truly "deserved", says his actor son-in-law Akshay Kumar, who always wanted to witness the late actor`s superstardom.
"I always wanted to witness my father-in-law`s superstar stardom during his hey days. Thanks to you all, I did, giving him a dignified funeral that he deserved. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers," tweeted Akshay.
Rajesh Khanna breathed his last Wednesday morning following a liver infection. He was 69.
The news of his death caused a frenzy among friends, fans, family members and the film fraternity, who turned up in huge numbers to pay their last respects to the star during his funeral Thursday.
"Thank you everyone for your kindness and sympathy during our time of loss. Your thoughtfulness at this time of great sorrow is truly a comfort. Knowing you all are here helps," Akshay tweeted for all the fans, who expressed support and sympathy to the family.
Akshay is married to Rajesh Khanna`s elder daughter Twinkle, who is expecting her second child. Their first child, nine-year-old son Aarav, performed the last rites of his grandfather at the Vile Parle crematorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama