My father lived life to the fullest, says Shammi`s son
Mumbai: Aditya Raj Kapoor, the son of legendary actor Shammi Kapoor - who passed away this morning - said his father believed in living life to the fullest.
"He was a very happy and lively person. He was unwell for sometime... he was on dialysis. He died of kidney failure," Aditya told reporters outside Kapoor`s residence at Malabar Hill in south Mumbai here.
"Please pray that his soul rests in peace. I miss him and I know so will you. We are his fans, so are you. I just hope to see him more and more on television," he said.
The 79-year-old actor married actress Geeta Bali and had two children - Aditya and daughter Kanchan. Geeta died in 1965. Then, in 1969, the actor married Neela Devi Gohil who belonged to the royal family of Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
"People will come and see him. We will cremate him tomorrow morning at around 9 am at the Ban Ganga funeral ground," Aditya added.
Several Bollywood personalities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher, Aamir Khan, Imran Khan, Farhan Akhtar, business tycoon Anil Ambani and others paid their last respects to the legendary star at his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch