My father thought I should act: Karan Johar
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is making his full-fledged acting debut with Anurag Kashyap`s `Bombay Velvet`, has thanked him for making his late father Yash Johar`s wish come true.
"My father thought I should be an actor...I didn`t. Thank you Anurag Kashyap for fulfilling my dad`s wish...just wrapped `Bombay Velvet`!"
In `Bombay Velvet`, which also stars Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma, Karan plays a villain. The movie, co-produced by Fox Star Studios and Phantom Films, will see Karan in the role of a rich businessman who plays a crucial role in the life of Ranbir’s on-screen character.
In the past, Karan has made fleeting appearances in films like `Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge`, `Fashion` and `Luck By Chance`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted; religion in politics is not healthy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!