My father was gay: Robert De Niro
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Robert De Niro has revealed that his father was gay and he discovered that years after his parents separated when he was a toddler.
His father was an abstract expressionist painter who died in 1993, reportedly. De Niro, 70, honoured his father in the
documentary `Remembering the Artist: Robert De Niro Sr`, premiering on June 9.
"He never told me. He was very private about it. He was loving and affectionate. But he wasn`t the kind of dad who played baseball. He liked to take me to the movies on 42nd Street: `King Kong`, `Beauty and the Beast`," De Niro said.
As the `Silver Linings Playbook` star looked back on his five decades of acting and his own life as a father, De Niro said he knows the importance of passing along memories.
"I want my children to see what their grandfather did and how he lived. It was for the family," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts