My fight not against Shah Rukh: Ajay Devgn
Mumbai: Actor-producer Ajay Devgn, who has filed a complaint with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) alleging that the makers of ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ have been blocking the release of his film ‘Son of Sardaar’ in theatres, says his fight is not against Shah Rukh Khan who is playing lead in the movie.
"The fight is not between Shah Rukh and Ajay Devgn and there is no fight between both of us. This is unnecessarily people has created. Both of us are actors. This is Ajay Devgn as a producer, fighting for his right with some other producer and if people are playing with it then it`s wrong," said Ajay.
Directed by Ashwni Dhir, ‘Son of Sardar’ features Ajay, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha, and Juhi Chawla, while ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif along with SRK.
The complaint was filed before Yash Chopra`s death and according to association`s rule, one cannot back out after filing the complaint.
"We filed the case on Oct 18th when we hadn`t even thought that Yashji will be hospitalised. Main problem was that the timing went wrong. We filed the case long back and as per the law you can`t withdraw the case filed with the Competition Commission. My fight is not with them; it is just against right and wrong. Again I am talking about it, but I am not supposed to talk about it."
Ajay moved the CCI, claiming that YRF was using its dominant position to ask exhibitors to dedicate more screens to ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ instead of his movie ‘Son of Sardaar’ - both are coming out on Diwali, Nov 13.
It`s do and die situation for Ajay.
"If I release the film on the same day, then people will call me villain and if I don`t release it, it`s a major loss for us," he told IANS.
"Sadly, post Yashji`s death many people pressurised me through media and said Ajay Devgn should delay his film. Till now Rs.80 to Rs.90 crore have been put in the film. Corporates are involved and they are answerable to share-holders. So with all due respect, I thought of releasing it on the same day," he added.
Once the release date is decided, it is not easy for anyone to change it. Ajay says that when he asked others to delay the release of their films, they said it`s not feasible.
"When I said ask Aamir Khan to release his film `Talaash` after two weeks and ask Akshay Kumar to release his film (`Khilade 786`) on Christmas or ask Salman Khan to go for January release for `Dabangg 2`. So people said that`s not possible. So, why only Ajay will have to sacrifice? I don`t feel any pressure when I gave this option - sab chup ho gaye na."
Urging media to support him in his fight for justice, Ajay said he is very confident about SOS.
"It`s not just a comedy, it`s a balance of everything...once you see the film, you will say Sanjay Dutt is the highlight of the film," the 43-year-old said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- Kanye West is a bit eccentric: Paul Mccartney
- Colin Farrell praises Ireland voters for legalising gay marriage
- Ageism in Hollywood is alive and well: Jane Fonda
- John Stamos 'heartbroken'
- Selena Gomez eyeing reality show with Kris Jenner
- Bruce Greenwood joins 'American Crime Story'
- Stamos sad that Olsen twins won't return for 'Fuller House'
- Puneet Issar approached for 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
- Excited that 'Dr Who' is finally in India: Steven Moffat
- Matthew Goode leaving 'The Good Wife'
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Iraq regains ground from Islamic State; mass deaths reported in Palmyra
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board HSSLC 12th Class Arts Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 10th SSLC Results 2015: Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly