My grandma is better: Raima Sen
Kolkata: Iconic Bengali actress Suchitra Sen, who was put on non-invasive ventilator support after her condition deteriorated Friday night, is better, says her granddaughter Raima Sen.
"My grandma is better. Thank you for your prayers...Keep praying," Raima tweeted Saturday.
The veteran actress, 82, is undergoing treatment for a chest infection at Belle Vue Clinic since Dec 23. Suchitra was taken to the critical care unit (CCU) after her condition deteriorated Dec 28 night.
She is known for her performances in films like "Deep Jwele Jaai" and "Uttar Falguni" in Bengali as well as Hindi movies "Devdas", "Bambai Ka Babu" and "Mamta". She won the best actress award for "Saat Paake Bandha" at the Moscow film festival in 1963.
Suchitra, who is actress Moon Moon Sen`s mother, quit acting in 1978. Since her retirement, she meets only a few people including her daughter as well as grand-daughters Raima and Riya Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayesha Takia responds to 'plastic surgery' rumours, shuts trolls with cryptic post!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' controversy: Shyam Benegal finds CBFC 'ban' on films unacceptable
- Amit Sadh keen to climb Mount Everest!
- Karan Johar's throwback picture from DEBUT role will blow your mind!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!