My kids have an easy life: David Beckham
London: Soccer star David Beckham worries his children`s Hollywood upbringing will take away their hunger for success.
The 36-year-old footballer has trained long and hard over many years to achieve his position as one of the world`s premier sportsmen and fears for his privileged children`s future, reported Daily Mail online.
"They`ve got a great life set up for them. Obviously our boys and little girl are very lucky. But I think, as a parent, you always worry: `Have they got the hunger that I had as a kid?" he said.
Beckham and his wife Victoria live in Los Angeles with their three boys, Brooklyn, 12; Romeo, nine; and Cruz, six - and a baby daughter, Harper, born earlier this year.
The LA Galaxy star grew up in a working class family in Leytonstone in London`s East End. All he ever dreamt of becoming was a professional footballer and so trained every day under the watchful eye of his strict father Ted.
"I`m as hard on my boys as my dad was. They always ask, "Did I play well?" I`ll say, "You did alright, could have done better. The way my dad brought me up, he was strict. I`m exactly the same with my boys. They have their feet on the ground," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!