My mother inspires my style: Deepika Padukone
Mumbai: Model-turned-actress Deepika Padukone, who can give her contemporaries a run for their money when it comes to style, says her style statement is "simple" and "elegant" like her mother Ujjala.
"In my growing up years, my mother was my style icon and she still is. She is someone who has influenced my style a lot," Deepika said here Thursday at the launch of a limited collection of Van Heusen spring/summer collection designed by her.
The actress gives due credit to her mother for her fashion sensibilities.
"Today when I talk about my personal style being classic, simple, elegant...it all comes from the way she used to dress. I have never been someone who has accessorised a lot and that comes from her.
"She always wore just a simple watch or simple jewellery. She never accessorised too much. I think as a little girl when you are growing up, your mother`s style is what rubs off on you the most," added the 28-year-old.
Last seen in blockbuster "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela", the actress will next be seen in "Happy New Year".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans any songs? Details inside
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch