My son has done no wrong: Aditya Pancholi
Mumbai: A Mumbai court deferred the hearing of Sooraj Pancholi`s bail plea till June 21. He was held on the charge of abetting suicide of actress Jiah Khan and his actor father Aditya Pancholi says his son is not guilty and that the jail experience will make him stronger.
"Let my son stay in jail a little longer. It will make him tougher and wiser. He has done no wrong. So, this experience can only make him strong," said Aditya while remaining calm.
Actress Nafisa alias Jiah Khan, who debuted in Bollywood with Ram Gopal Varma`s ‘Nishabd’, committed suicide at her residence in Mumbai`s Juhu area June 3. She was 25.
On June 8 police recovered a note purportedly written by the actress talking about her disturbed relationship with her boyfriend and claiming that he abused her mentally and physically. Two days later Mumbai police arrested Sooraj in connection with Jiah`s suicide.
Aditya and his wife Zarina Wahab were confident that their son Sooraj would be granted bail on Friday (June 14). This, however did not happen.
A friend of the couple said that it seems Sooraj is "unlikely to be released in the immediate future".
"Sooraj is unlikely to get any special privileges like a separate cell or home-made food. The prospect of seeing their son suffer in jail has hit the Pancholis hard. Aditya specially has taken it very badly," added the friend.
The friend says the image of the raging troubled star-son in the press is not quite what Sooraj is.
"The story about Sooraj suffering from fits of rage is highly exaggerated. When Sooraj gets angry, he goes completely quiet. Sooraj is completely his mama`s boy. He has grown up with his grandmother, far away from his father. So Sooraj has never been a witness to his father`s wayward ways. This whole run-in with the law is totally unexpected...But he`s also a strong chap. When he sees his parents, he comforts them and assures them all would be well, rather than the parents comforting him," said the friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Jacqueline Fernandez in love with Salman Khan’s eyes
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Chrissy Teigen wants to adopt children
- Jason Statham likes to 'get drunk'
- Nicole Scherzinger adjusting to singledom
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- I was wrong to start fight with Tyson Beckford: Chris Brown
- Lindsay Lohan may complete community service on time
- Jennifer Lopez debuts short hair
- Taylor Swift says being a pop star is not that hard
- Keira Knightley welcomes 1st child with hubby James Righton
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark