Nancy Pelosi wants Spielberg as advisor, director says no
Washington: Amid reports that outgoing US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wanted Steven Spielberg to help her in re-branding her political campaign, the director today denied that he was joining the powerful politician`s team as an advisor.
The Washiongton Post reported that the 70-year-old California Democrat has turned to director Steven Spielberg to help her in re-branding House Democrats, who performed badly in the 2010 mid-term polls.
Pelosi, who will be replaced as speaker in January next year, is reportedly consulting marketing experts about building a stronger brand and wanted Spielberg`s help, the newspaper said.
Spielberg, who has been involved in Democratic politics for years, however, denied that he had plans to join Pelosi in her re-branding exercise.
The director`s spokesperson said: Today`s story regarding Nancy Pelosi made a reference to Steven Spielberg that requires a response. I can say as a long-time spokesman for Steven that he has made it his career to direct actors, not political figures."
Spielberg, an influential name in the US politics, has worked with President Bill Clinton and endorsed Hillary Clinton in the last presidential race. He is also involved in raising funds for President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Sonam Kapoor DEFENDS Tanmay Bhat – Here's what she said
- Video alert! ‘Crazy’ Deepika Padukone, Homi Adajania on the sets of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Raabta’
- Revealed! All you want to know about Geeta Basra's baby shower – Details inside