Neena Gupta keen to play woman cop
Mumbai: Veteran actress Neena Gupta has essayed myriad roles over the years, but she has now expressed a desire to play a police officer.
"I am open to comedy and serious roles. I would love to do a cop`s role. I am very fascinated by it," Neena told IANS.
The 54-year-old actress has been a part of both commercial as well as non-commercial cinema, and has done her fair share of work on the small screen. She says it is the role role, script and director which pull her into a project.
"For me the most important is the role, then the script and director. It doesn`t matter whether is is a commercial film or not. I will act in the same way. I don`t change my style of acting," she said.
Neena was last seen in Manish Tiwary`s `Issaq`.
She admits "it is tough to get roles for my age group".
"If something is offered to me which has potential for acting, I take it up. I realised here (in `Issaq`) my role is very good. Although some of my scenes have been cut as the movie was too long, but the role is interesting and so is the get up of the character," she said.
The actress has earlier been a part of TV shows like `Khandaan`, `Bharat Ek Khoj`, `Saans`, `Siski`, `Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr`, `Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin` and `Ladies Special`. She said that recently nothing interesting has come her way as far as the small screen is concerned.
"I haven`t been offered a role which I would jump to do. This is why I was waiting. I am waiting for something nice to come my way. I have not signed anything so far and nothing has come my way," she said.
Image Courtesy: Facebook
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are filmy 'cutie pies' in NEW SONG!
- Kangana Ranaut will look like this in Hansal Mehta's 'Simran'?
- Kaabil new poster: Is that Hrithik Roshan?
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Shah Rukh Khan stumps Alia Bhatt in Dear Zindagi teaser 2
- 'Dad's Army' creator Jimmy Perry dies at 93
- Maanayata Dutt’s Karva Chauth celebrations with hubby will wow you
- Shahid Kapoor felt it was important to find somebody who is real and normal
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row