New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe’s death
Washington: Recently released tapes, featuring a close confidante of late actress Marilyn Monroe, could reveal the mystery behind her death.
Monroe passed away on August 5, 1962, and the circumstances of her passing away, remain, arguably, the most mysterious and controversial death in Hollywood history.
The tapes reveal a conversation between her hair stylist George Masters and his nephew, Jeff Platts, a 60-year-old sales consultant from Southern California.
"My uncle’s name was George Masters and he was Marilyn Monroe’s personal hair stylist and makeup artist for a number of years leading up to her death," AOL News quoted Platts as writing in a letter.
"He travelled with her extensively. I have some audiocassette recordings of phone conversations he and I had shortly before his death in 1998," he wrote.
Platts revealed that Masters had told him that Monroe had made a secret trip aboard Frank Sinatra’s private jet the very weekend she died, and that she had spent the night at the singer’s retreat with mobster Sam Giancana.
"George specifically told me that Marilyn spent the evening with Sam Giancana," he said.
"The only other person he mentioned that was there was Buddy Greco. No Frank Sinatra, no Dean Martin. George also said that the person she was really in love with at that moment was Sam Giancana.
"Also, if this trip did happen, it was certainly kept hush-hush. Pat Newcomb (Monroe’s publicist) said she slept over at Marilyn’s house that night, but doesn’t address whether or not Marilyn was there -- only that Marilyn woke up about noon.
"The housekeeper says she arrived ``early``, but again no mention of Marilyn being there or not being there," he revealed.
On the tapes, Masters said, "Talk to Pat -- she knows everything", and he spoke about the last night he saw Monroe.
"Did you know she was pronounced dead, and then they brought her back to the house, and she was still alive, and they took her back to the hospital, and brought her back home, and then the coroners came over, and they found her dead in another bed -- somebody moved her," he said.
In that one sentence, Masters seemed to confirm a popular theory -- that Monroe was, in fact, rushed to the hospital alive, then was doubled-back before being dumped home in what many found to be a very un-suicide-like resting position.
"And you know how she died? It was an enema. With Nembutal," Masters said.
Platts asked him: "For the purpose of getting high with the drugs?"
Masters answered: "No. It was because of the Kennedys. I really think the FBI did it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- Watch: Peppy 'Happy Birthday' song from 'ABCD2'!
- Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh gear up for IIFA 2015
- Katy Perry doesn't want to talk about ex-husband Russell Brand
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' concept art reveals all-new costumes
- 'Gilmore Girls' reunion on the cards?
- 'Agent Carter' season 2 will consist of 10 episodes: Atwell
- Melody Gardot eager for album release
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on stage
- 'Britain's Got Talent' is not fixed: Amanda Holden
- Brad Bird gave up 'Star Wars' for 'Tomorrowland'
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM