Nicole Kidman defends portrayal of Grace Kelly
London: Actress Nicole Kidman has defended her upcoming portrayal of Grace Kelly after the film was criticised as being "inaccurate" by members of the Monaco royal family.
Kidman stars opposite Tim Roth in the biopic `Grace of Monaco` which is directed by Oliver Dahan. It is scheduled for release in 2014, reported Digital Spy.
Kelly married Rainer III, Prince of Monaco in April 1956 and became princess consort of Monaco. Kelly`s children have described the film as "pure fiction", emphasising their non-participation in the project.
"I wanted to be respectful of her, her story and her essence so hopefully that will all come through. It`s exciting but at first it was daunting. At the same time I had studied her and felt a kind of tenderness towards her," Kidman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar