Nicollette Sheridan granted retrial for unfair dismissal from `Desperate Housewives`

Last Updated: Apr 19, 2012, 15:59 PM IST

New York: Former ‘Desperate Housewives’ star Nicollette Sheridan has won a retrial date for her lawsuit on Wednesday for her wrongful termination from the show.

Judge Elizabeth Allen White rejected ABC and Disney’s motion to dismiss the case and set the follow-up jury trial for Sept. 12.

She urged both sides to settle, but Sheridan’s lawyer said he doesn’t expect an olive branch.

“Disney doesn``t settle,” the New York Daily News quoted Mark Baute as telling The News.

“That’s one of the reasons we took the case. We think it’s a really good case (for a jury). It’s very simple and straightforward. She was hit in the head, she complained and she was fired,” Baute said.

Baute said Sheridan is gearing up another go-round by training with burly life coach Thomas Hertlein, a martial arts expert he recommended.

Sheridan and Hertlein were photographed kickboxing on the sand in St. Barts earlier this week and continued their workout in the waves, practicing some acrobatic lifts and throws while wearing protective wrist gear.

“She``s doing good, working with (Hertlein).

“Anytime you want to get ready for a courtroom scenario, if you can get someone who taps into martial arts, yoga and the mind-body connection, that’s always helpful,” he said.

The jury on Sheridan’s first trial deadlocked eight to four in favour of the actress.

The actress claims she was booted off Wisteria Lane for good shortly after she complained show creator Marc Cherry walloped her in the head during an on-set script dispute in September 2008.

Cherry maintains he only “tapped” the actress to give her direction for a scene and that the decision to cut Sheridan’s trampy character was made months earlier in May 2008.

ANI