No decision on Sanjay Dutt`s application for parole yet
Zee Media Bureau/ Rajeev Ranjan
New Delhi: It seems that there is no end to Sanjay Dutt’s woes. The actor, who is currently in prison serving his sentence, had reportedly submitted his application for parole to the Yerawada Jail authorities, but to his dismay they have not yet taken any decision.
The 54-year-old actor - whose last legal option against his sentence of five-year jail term in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts was shattered after the Supreme Court turned down his curative petition – had applied for a parole , for 10 days.
In March this year, the Supreme Court had upheld Dutt’s conviction in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case for illegal possession of weapons but reduced his sentence to five years in jail.
He was convicted by the TADA court for illegal possession of a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifles which were part of a consignment of weapons and explosives brought to India for serial blasts in Mumbai in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' one of my favourite movies: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!