No decision on Sanjay Dutt`s application for parole yet
Zee Media Bureau/ Rajeev Ranjan
New Delhi: It seems that there is no end to Sanjay Dutt’s woes. The actor, who is currently in prison serving his sentence, had reportedly submitted his application for parole to the Yerawada Jail authorities, but to his dismay they have not yet taken any decision.
The 54-year-old actor - whose last legal option against his sentence of five-year jail term in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts was shattered after the Supreme Court turned down his curative petition – had applied for a parole , for 10 days.
In March this year, the Supreme Court had upheld Dutt’s conviction in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case for illegal possession of weapons but reduced his sentence to five years in jail.
He was convicted by the TADA court for illegal possession of a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifles which were part of a consignment of weapons and explosives brought to India for serial blasts in Mumbai in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch