No pressure of National award on Shoojit Sircar
Mumbai: Director Shoojit Sircar says he will never let the pressure of a National Award get him as that would affect his work.
"It does (affect) but I will try not to take this pressure. If I take the pressure, then I won`t be able to make the film. I can only make a film if I am relaxed," Sircar said here Monday in an interview.
He is currently shooting his next film `Madras Cafe`. The movie features John Abraham and Nargis Fakhri.
"If I get an idea, I will make a good film. `Madras Cafe` is a good story which needs to be told well. I will try to tell it honestly," he added.
Sircar`s film `Vicky Donor` was named for three National Awards Monday - best popular film for providing wholesome entertainment, best supporting actor and best supporting actress awards for Anu Kapoor and Dolly Ahluwalia, respectively.
Sircar says he was absolutely confident that the two actors will pick up awards for their performance.
"When Dolly-jee (Dolly Ahluwalia) gave the first shot when we were shooting in Delhi, that time itself I told her to be ready for the best supporting award. It came true," Sircar said.
"For Anu Kapoor I had no doubt, he is a fine actor and gave one of the best performances for the year. The jury has taken the correct decision," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter