Not sure how 100 crore helps me as an actress: Anushka Sharma
New Delhi: Anushka Sharma`s last film `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` may have managed to get her into the elite 100 crore club in Bollywood but the actress feels the new benchmark would not help her much in her individual career.
With the feat, the 24-year-old actress also got closer to contemporaries like Sonakshi Sinha and Asin, who have the highest number of century hits to their credit along with seniors like Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
"I don`t really understand how much being a part of this 100 crore club genuinely helps me as an actress. I don`t have experience to still ascertain how a 100 crore success could make any difference to my career.
"I am happy that people have liked my film but the way I look at it, sometimes there are films that cater to certain segment of audience and may not always get those crores coming in. `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` has made money but I don`t see any of that affecting me," Anushka told PTI.
The actress, who made her debut with `Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi` opposite Shah Rukh Khan, ended 2012 on a high with director Yash Chopra`s last film `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` turning out to be a success at the box office.
"I am really happy that the year ended well for me. People liked me for my performance and to hear something like that is always nice. Honestly, being a part of Yashji`s film was a huge honour," she said.
Anushka, who has worked with actors like SRK, Ranveer Singh, Akshay Kumar and Shahid Kapoor, will be seen opposite Imran Khan in her upcoming Vishal Bhardwaj film `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` and she is excited about the pairing.
"This is our first film together and it would be special for everyone. Since we have not done a film together in the past, our pairing should be interesting. Our combination is striking with Pankaj Kapoor as the third main lead."
Set in the rustic surroundings of a village in Haryana, `Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola` is a comedy-drama about Harry played by Pankaj, a wealthy industrialist, who loves his drink, his daughter Bijlee (Anushka) and the unusual bond they both share with Harry`s man Friday, Matru (Imran).
The film also stars Arya Babbar and Shabana Azmi in supporting roles and is slated to release on January 11.
When asked about her character in the film, Anushka said, "I think Bijlee is not apologetic about anything. As a character she is someone who likes to shock people. She likes to get reactions out of people. Also, she is overtly practical about things in her life."
This year Anushka will be working in Anurag Kashyap`s `Bombay Velvet` and Rajkumar Hirani`s political satire, `PK` opposite Aamir Khan.
PTI / Joginder Tuteja
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Of travel, history and a good measure of science
- No foul play in death of Chilean poet Neruda, researchers say
- Emoji, meme, photobomb, twerk among new Merriam-Webster words
- Scrapbook provides rare insight to India's cinema history
- Flights of imagination: An aeronautical engineer as a famous novelist
- Comic book king Stan Lee to come out with graphic memoir
- Julianna Margulies to author children's picture book
- Unfinished memoirs of Orson Welles found
- Pamela Anderson to launch her photo book
- We are committed to fulfilling Dinkar ji's dreams: PM Modi
- Barbra Streisand's memoir to arrive in 2017
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490