Advertisement

On 26/11 anniversary, Big B says he feels safe in Mumbai

On the third anniversary of 26/11 attacks, megastar Amitabh Bachchan Saturday said he still feels safe in Mumbai.

Mumbai: On the third anniversary of 26/11 attacks, megastar Amitabh Bachchan Saturday said he still feels safe in Mumbai and appealed people to stay alert and play a responsible role in preventing such attacks.
"I still feel safe in Mumbai. It is unfair to nominate a city as unsafe due to terror attacks. I feel, we all need to make ourselves part of the police force and play the role of a responsible citizen and be alert," Amitabh told reporters here, after launching a music album. When asked where he was during the 26/11 attacks, Bachchan said, "I was here only in Mumbai and was stunned about the attacks. I was glued to television. I was praying for everyone`s safety." For the music album titled `Sound of Peace`, Bachchan has lent his baritone voice. `Sounds of Peace`, a music album that pays homage to people, who lost their lives fighting terrorism and protecting nation, features compositions by Amitabh Bachchan, singer Akon, music composer Aadesh Srivastava, classical maestro Ustad Rashid Khan, singer Shaan, Roopkumar Rathod, Pamela Lajoie and London Philharmonic Orchestra, among others. About the album Bachchan said, "I am happy to be associated with this album. It is our way of paying tribute to those, who laid down their lives and those innocent people who got killed." PTI