Oprah Winfrey loses her new home charm
London: Chat show host Oprah Winfrey has decided to gut her California home as she is not satisfied with the lavish decoration which she first chose.
The 59-year-old talk show host is unhappy with the interior decor of her beachside residence in Santa Barbara, reported
"The gilded mirrors, marble urns, the lavish carpets and sherbet palette - it was all very grand. But it wasn`t very true to myself.
"And there you have it: the thing that had been missing from all of the beautiful places I`d ever lived in was me," she claimed.
She also admitted that her home`s library disappointed her the most and she intends to make it more user friendly.
"It`s not easy to do an entire library that says, Do not touch the books. But somehow I managed. Maya Angelou once told me you can become either an old female or a wise woman.
"All I can tell you is that I`m evolving, my taste is, too, and someday soon this room will represent the person I`ve become," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt