Oprah Winfrey stuns Sydney audience with bountiful gifts
Sydney: Talk show host Oprah Winfrey left her audience in Sydney stunned when she gave away a number of gifts to them.
Winfrey, 56, gave Sydney couple Kristian and Rachel Anderson 250,000 dollars when she came to know from an emotional video he made for his wife and featuring Hugh Jackman that he was battling cancer.
The video, which became a global Internet sensation, caught Winfrey’s attention and she gave the couple a cheque so they and their two children could “take the year off and get well”.
Winfrey then announced that everyone would receive a silver necklace with an “O” pendant and a large South Sea pearl from north-western Australia in its centre that retails for 450 dollars.
She also took time to speak directly to her fans after the show, telling them “it means as much for me as it did to you for you to be here”.
“This experience for me has been really of divine order. It has been heaven sent. More power and love to you Australia,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying to the crowd, who gave her a standing ovation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Choosing name was 'hardest thing' for Caitlyn Jenner
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan