Oscar Announcement was agony: Lupita Nyong`o
Los Angeles: Actress Lupita Nyong`o was nervous while waiting for winner announcement at the Oscars.
Nyong`o, 31, who bagged the best supporting actress at the prestigious award ceremony for an impressive debut in Steve McQueen`s slavery drama `12 Years A Slave`, said the nervousness of the announcement was like waiting for test results in a hospital.
"I wouldn`t wish it on my worst enemy. It`s an internally loud moment. It`s not even about the outcome; it`s about the agony of the unknown. It`s like waiting for test results in a hospital," she said.
The actress also talked about having fun at the awards event which took place last month.
"I met Sidney Poitier, who has been someone I`ve looked up to and a blessing from afar. It was an incredible thing and something that I hold very dear to my heart," she said.
Nyong`o credited her stylist Micaela Erlanger for her brilliant fashion sense.
"I wasn`t a follower of fashion. It was a world unknown until I met my stylist Micaela Erlanger. I don`t dress to impress; I don`t feel that pressure."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!
- In retrospect, Amitabh Bachchan recollects memories of Smita Patil!
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees