‘Paa’ famed child artist Taruni killed in Nepal plane crash
Kathmandu: Child artist Taruni Sachdev, 14, was among the 13 Indians who died on Monday when a plane owned by a private company crashed in Nepal. Taruni had played a cameo role in Amitabh Bachchan starrer `Paa`.
She had featured in over 50 commercials, including one with Karishma Kapoor. Taruni`s mother who was accompanying her on the flight also died in the crash.
Taruni, who acted in numerous films in the South, was lauded most in ‘Vellinakshatram’ (2004) and ‘Sathyam’. Reportedly, the child was going to a temple at the lofty area of the country with her family.
Agni Air-owned aircraft was carrying 18 passengers from the resort town of Pokhara to Jomsom when it crashed while landing at the mountain airstrip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor's preggers wifey Mira Rajput admitted to hospital? Details inside
- Amber Heard's lawyer slams accusation of her blackmailing Depp
- Selena Gomez visits Boston Children's Hospital
- Pope Francis honours George Clooney, Richard Gere, Salma Hayek
- Salman and I have similar sense of humour: Randeep Hooda