Padma Vibushan for Bhupen has made people of Assam proud: son
New Delhi: The Padma Vibushan award for Bhupen Hazarika is a great honour and has made the people of Assam proud, says the late singer-composer`s son Tej.
"As his son and a lover of Assam, it is gratifying that the government of India should award him with any award or badge of recognition. It is an honour and people have reason enough to be proud of my father`s achievements in life," Tej told reporters in a message from Toronto, where he is based.
Asked if the award has come a little too late for the Dadasaheb Phalke winner, who died last November, he says, "... There is a lot of work to be done, that is more important than the list of awards. That is my opinion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes