Padma Vibushan for Bhupen has made people of Assam proud: son
New Delhi: The Padma Vibushan award for Bhupen Hazarika is a great honour and has made the people of Assam proud, says the late singer-composer`s son Tej.
"As his son and a lover of Assam, it is gratifying that the government of India should award him with any award or badge of recognition. It is an honour and people have reason enough to be proud of my father`s achievements in life," Tej told reporters in a message from Toronto, where he is based.
Asked if the award has come a little too late for the Dadasaheb Phalke winner, who died last November, he says, "... There is a lot of work to be done, that is more important than the list of awards. That is my opinion."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar