Pak actor Fawad Khan ignores criticism over doing Bollywood film
Mumbai: Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, who has been facing criticism from some fans in his country for working in Bollywood film `Khoobsurat`, says he does not pay attention to such things.
Apparently, Fawad`s fans from Pakistan have taken to social networking sites to say that he has hurt the sentiments of his country by working in a Hindi film.
Fawad is making his Bollywood debut in the remake version of Hrishikesh Mukherjee`s `Khoobsurat` opposite Sonam Kapoor.
"The people who you are talking about are very few. There will be people who will criticise... They are entitled to their opinion. Art knows no culture and creed. As an actor I would like to explore myself. I do feel bad but I choose to ignore it. I think to pay attention to it is unnecessary," Fawad told reporters here today at the trailer launch of `Khoobsurat`.
The actor, who has starred in films like `Khuda Ke Liye` and TV dramas `Humsufer` and `Zindagi Gulzar Hai`, plays the role of a royal prince in Shashanka Ghosh`s `Khoobsurat`, a modern-day adaptation of the cult romantic comedy of the same name.
The film, produced by Sonam`s sister Rhea and Disney India, is set to release on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Raees’ promotion: One person dies in commotion; Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with the family of the deceased
- ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan travels by train to promote film - WATCH video
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!