Pak Interior Minister wishes Amitabh Bachchan speedy recovery
New Delhi: A fan of Amitabh Bachchan since his student days, Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has wished the ailing megastar a speedy recovery.
"Mr Amitab Bachan (sic), I wish you to get well soon. I am one of your fans since I was a student. I pray for your good health...regards," Malik wrote in the microblogging site Twitter.
On February 11, Bachchan underwent abdominal surgery and is currently recuperating at the Seven Hills hospital in Mumbai.
The 69-year-old Bollywood star was supposed to be out of the hospital shortly after the scheduled surgery, but he complained of acute abdominal pain, forcing extension of his stay in the hospital. However, hospital sources today said that he was on his way to recovery.
Bachchan has been battling a string of stomach ailments since his near fatal intestinal injury while filming a fight scene in 1982 movie `Coolie`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free