‘Peekay’ to present ‘Bhojpuri’ speaking Aamir Khan!
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Aamir Khan had left one and all awestruck with his dhoti-clad village youth Bhuvan in Aushutosh Gowariker’s Oscar-nominated cult film ‘Lagaan’ that released in 2000 and also impressed audiences with his command over Awadhi.
And the perfectionist that he is, Aamir has learnt Bhojpuri for his upcoming film ‘Peekay’. A few days back, we had learnt that the actor was taking Bhojpuri lessons for ‘Peekay’. But if latest reports are anything to go by, Aamir will be seen speaking only in Bhojpuri throughout the length of the film.
“Aamir has been trying to master Bhojpuri for the last four months. Everyone is wondering why he has been learning a language that is traditionally spoken in east Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, when the film has largely been shot in Rajasthan,” a source said earlier.
Aamir’s look in the film is interesting too. A still of Aamir in the film shows him wearing a bright yellow ghagra and a grey coat. A radio is also seen hanging across his shoulder.
Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, ‘Peekay’ stars Anushka Sharma and ‘Kai Po Che!’ star Sushant Singh Rajput along with Aamir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion
- ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan travels by train to promote film - WATCH video
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC